The institution of engineers (India) IEI is the national organization for engineers in India . IEI has over 0.5 million members from 15 engineering disciplines in 99 centers or chapters in India and overseas ;it is the largest multi- disciplinary engineering professional society in the English –speaking world .its currently head quartered in Kolkata .
* To provide the awareness of professional as well as technical education.
* To arrange and manage under graduate and postgraduates programs in the field of civil engineer .
* To conduct research in the field of technical education with special reference to civil.
* To provide professional literacy and other social activities by awareness programs in the form of seminars and camps.
* To conduct vocational training program in the field of civil engineering.
* We serve as an agency for effective dissemination of information related to civil engineering hence to publish news letters , bulletins or journals and use such other means as felt necessary to further this purpose .
* We purchase, acquire the land and building in the name of society and make its construction .
* We publish or cause to be published and to print learning and other material developed by the society.
* Rules and condition for registration of candidates for appearing in the examination in the civil engineering in consonance with and necessary for the proper fulfilment of its objectives prescribed by us.